FAQ Spray Tanning
The active ingredient in spray tans is dihydroxyacetone or DHA. DHA is a glycerin derivative. When DHA is applied to the skin, it reacts and binds with the amino acids in the dead skin cells on the outermost layer of the skin, giving the illusion of a tan that gradually fades over time. Most spray tan solutions also come with a bronzer, and that is the ingredient that you see when the spray tan is being applied, to guide the artist. The bronzer will rinse off during the initial rinse.
For best results:
24 hours before your session: Shave/wax and exfoliate your whole body and give extra attention to the driest areas (elbows, knees, hands, feet and the backs of your ankles) . Avoid waxing or other spa treatments the day of your spray tan.
On the day of your spray tan: Wash your body removing all lotion and deodorant residue at least 4 hours before your treatment and finish o with a rinse of cool water to close your pores.
Arriving at your appointment: Please wear or bring dark loose fitted clothing. Recommended: T shirt and loose pants
Do not use any oil products when prepping for your tan within 24 hours.
If you want the best possible results, then it is crucial to follow prep instructions. But sometimes it doesn't work out that way. If you have to shave and exfoliate the day of your spray tan then try to at least schedule your tan 4-8 hours after. When you exfoliate and shave make sure you end with a cold water rinse to close pores and inform the spray tan artist so she can use prepping spray to prep your skin for better results of holding color.
Depending on the type of spray tan you decide on Standard or Express. You will receive information about the time of your rinse after your spray.
Customized Standard Spray tan
- Rinse only after 8 hrs (meaning no soap or lotion)
- Shower and moisturize after 24 hours
- Always pat dry with a towel
Express/Rapid Spray Tan
- Rinse ( no soap or lotion) within 2-4 hours depending on the level of darkness you want to achieve.
- 2 Hours Light
- 3 Hours Medium
- 4 Hours Dark
- Do not pass 4 hours for the initial rinse with an express solution.
- When you rinse, you may feel like the color is too light. Please allow the color to fully develop for 24 hours to see the final result.
- Shower and moisturize after 24 hours
- Always pat dry with a towel
After your spray tan session avoid sweating and water until the initial rinse. Protect your spray tan while it is developing, otherwise it can result in streaks or patches.
Spray 1 or 2 days before your event, so your tan has time to set and look its best.
Stay hydrated and moisturize, avoid activities that involve sweating, swimming, baths, spa services such as sauna and massages.
If you are going on a vacation, try to stay out of the jacuzzi or pool. However, if you must enjoy your life (haha) try to take short dips in the pool and pat dry when you get out so the chlorine doesn't fade your tan. You can take products on your vacation to touch up.
We have come a long way from the orange days. So to answer your question, N-O- You will not turn orange, I mean unless you want that look then we can make it happen for you.
Yes, the bronzer can get on your bed sheets, however, it will wash off and not stain. I recommend laying down another old sheet or dark towel, so you don't have to change your sheets.
The bronzer that is applied before the rinse can get on your clothes and that is why we ask that you wear dark clothing. However, once you rinse the bronzer o the DHA that developed on your skin will not stain or get on your clothes.
Always wait till your previous tan is completely o before your next spray. A clean canvas is needed to guarantee a flawless finish. Otherwise, you will be pathy and dark in certain areas that the old tan is still on.
Ready to remove your old tan and get the new spray, then start doing everything you were not allowed to do with your tan. Here are some fun ways:
- Get a massage, hit up the spas, take long hot baths, hang out in the pool or jacuzzi, do a workout class and sweat it out.
- Finish off with a spray tan remover with a tan remover exfoliating mitt or glove and scrub away.
No, please wear your sunscreen with ingredients that are safe for your tan to avoid sun damage and sun spots.
Stay away from any oils and/or harsh chemicals. Hemp lotions are great and also tan extender lotions work as well.
FAQ Body Contouring and Sculpting
Non Invasive Body Contour and Sculpting:
Great for healthy bodies who want an extra boost to reduce excess bloating, detox and increase energy levels.
Feeling good within our own skin is essential for our mental and physical well-being. There are many reasons why we may put on weight such as pregnancy, injury, lifestyle, lockdowns and medications etc. The challenge we have is that even when the weight has been lost there may be that last stubborn area where the fat just won't budge. It's also really common to be left with loose skin which can be as distressing as the weight gain in the beginning.
Before booking an appointment you must fill out the medical questionnaire to make sure you are qualified for body sculpting services.
If you have any underlying health condition and or are taking any medications other than the contraceptive pill please contact us to seek advice and treatment suitability before booking.
Please consult with your medical provider if you are taking medications and have any medical concerns.
Studies have found that clients who eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly will experience the best results; however, even clients with sluggish metabolism remark that they experience a unique and invigorating ‘body wake up.
Benefits of treatment :
- Reduce Cellulite
- Lose inches
- Detox the body
- Improve your skin texture
- Improve your muscle tone
- Improve your circulation
- Reduce water retention
- Melt unwanted fat in stubborn areas
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage -Lymphatic Drainage isa manual therapy technique that improves lymphatic flow from the body’s tissues back into its lymph nodes and blood. A way to assist withdetoxing the bodyand generalhealth. A lymphatic drainage treatment can help the body get rid of excess water retention weight and give a fresher appearance with unclogged pores and less puy looking skin.
- Ultrasound Cavitation Fat Reduction Treatments: Ultrasonic cavitation reduces the body's fat deposits that could be hard to get rid of by exercising alone. However, this procedure cannot be used for weight loss treatment on its own. Ultrasonic cavitation is best for reducing cellulite and adipose fat. This improves body shape and contour and reduces circumference.
- Radio-Frequency Skin Tightening Treatments: Radio frequency body contouring is also called skin tightening. Radiofrequency body contouring tightens the skin, removes fat and improves tone without any downtime or pain at all. This pain-free procedure reduces cellulite, boosts collagen production and gets rid of fatty deposits that fail to go with exercise. If you have flabby skin, a post pregnancy tummy, fine lines or wrinkles, saddle bags or a sagging bum, radiofrequency body contouring is meant for you.
- Laser Lipolysis: Laser lipolysis uses laser energy delivered through an applicator. The fat cells are preferentially heated and disrupted without impacting other types of cells in the skin or other structures.
Lipolysiscan help you contour and sculpt those placesthat do not respond to exercise and diet, as well as improve your cellulite and your overall appearance. Lipolysis helps tighten the skin as fat is lost by stimulating collagen and elastin production. This skin tightening is an important benefit and works well with a weight loss or post surgical program to help prevent saggy skin rolls.
- Wood Therapy: Aunique technique designed using the principles of Wood Therapy. It will warm up targeted zones on the body/face to help break apart stubborn fat and smooth out unwanted bulges. Wood Sculpt will also activate the lymphatic system to help jumpstart the metabolism.
- Facial treatment areas include the neck, jowls, decollete, and laugh lines.
Depending on the area and treatment plan. A series of 6-8 treatments are recommended. There must be three days between appointments for these services.
Before Your Treatment:
- Drink 1.5 to 2 liters of water the day before, as well as the day of your treatment following the next 72 hours after treatment
- Wear a waist trainer or compression garment
(Helps make us feel slimmer but also promotes fluid loss and aids in contouring the body)
- Avoid alcohol consumption the day before and after the treatment
(Alcohol can prevent your liver from working to remove fats as it will make alcohol metabolism its priority before fat removal and could hinder your results)
- Do not eat two hours before treatment
- Remove any lotion from your skin before the treatment
- Do not drink caeine a day before the treatment
- Wear loose fitting clothing to your appointment
Post Treatment Care:
- Engage in a half-hour of light exercise post-treatment to stimulate lymphatic drainage
- Drink 1.5 to 2 liters of water
- Avoid alcohol for 72 hours post-treatment
- Avoid sauna or spa for 48 hours
- Body sculpting treatments will work even better when you compliment them with a healthy diet and regular exercise